It was one of the most useful trainings I have participated in recently. I will be able to use learnings immediately, I am sure with the affect of better productivity, simplification and improved decision making – something we lack recently.
I used the 2×2 (and a 3×2!) framework today to quickly decipher which Dish Care items were most at risk for distribution cuts based on what items are growing at our retailer versus the marketplace. As I am transitioning to a new category, this was a very simple way for me to illustrate to my AD where we have a solid story to save distribution and where we may need to do more work/negotiating to save items.
Fantastic stuff … wish Day 1 presenters had used even a few of these concepts – it would have made the info shared more helpful
Fantastic workshop and one of the best I have ever been to! You kept our attention and engagement all day and really demonstrated to us that we can really improve how we get through all of the data and what we really need and want from it. – Fortune 100 Executive
Fantastic workshop and one of the best I have ever been to! You kept our attention and engagement all day and really demonstrated to us that we can really improve how we get through all of the data and what we really need and want from it. –Claims Executive, Fortune 50 Insurance Company.
The 10 principles Brad share [sic] were amazing, this is truly a [sic] transformational training, I wish more people on [sic] the organization took it.
Brad was amazing! He had complete control of the subject and of the group. He was even able to regain our attention after a fire drill.
I will be able to drive insights and decisions out of data with effective presentation, visuals and elevator speech.
Perhaps the best guest lecturer I’ve ever had the pleasure of listening to. Got the point across in a straightforward way that sticks.
I appreciate Brad for being open and bold in his feedback. I appreciate he gave us his contact information in case we have questions afterwards. Very dedicated instructor =)
You’ve probably been asked to be more “data-driven”. But where do you start? Having more data doesn’t necessarily make you a better decision-maker. In fact, excess data may be slowing you down. You don’t need more data; you need the right data.
This workshop provides an overview of how to shift from being data-driven to being decision-driven.
Data-driven organizations focus on numbers. Decision-driven organizations are able to quickly transform data into actions that drive results.
Improve fact-based decision making and actions by
- Understanding and managing the three key biases that inhibit data-driven decision making
- Quickly defining the data needed to make a decision so that you spend more time thinking about what the data is telling you and less time searching for it
- Turning data into actions that drive decision making
- Creating reports that provide answers rather than numbers thus significantly decreasing the time it takes to make a decision
- Creating simple, logical, fact-driven recommendations and presentations that speed up and drive audience decision-making
- Rethinking how we think – Provides an overview of how our brains process data and information. Introduces common thinking and decision making errors/biases and shows how traditional ways of reviewing and presenting data actually contribute to those errors.
- Rethinking communication – Introduces the “Value through Information” model which moves leaders from simply summarizing facts and figures to telling a comprehensive data-driven story. Focuses on building an evidence-based argument that drives decisions and actions.
- Rethinking our approach – Focuses on honing in on the data that is relevant to making a decision. Improves leader efficiency by providing a structured approach to exploring data.
- Rethinking reporting – Introduces Avail Advisor’s “Decision-based reporting” approach. Decision-based reporting organizes information around answers and decisions rather than simply providing a data dump.
Rethinking Data is offered in three formats:
- Rethinking Data Instructor Led Workshop (8 hours)
- Rethinking Data Virtual Workshop (4, 2 hour and 15 minute modules)
- Decision-Driven (2 hour keynote for business leaders)
Contact us today to learn more or schedule a Rethinking Data workshop.